No products in the cart.
Adding vermiculite into your gardening soil increases water and nutrient retention and aerates the soil, resulting in healthier, more robust plants.
Benefits for using Vermiculite:
- Add vermiculite to soil for conditioning and lightening either alone or in conjunction with peat or compost. This will accelerate the growth and promote anchorage for tender young root systems.
- You can use vermiculite directly for root cuttings, just water thoroughly and insert the cutting up to the node.
- Use vermiculite alone or mixed with soil or peat for seed germination, it will allow the seeds to germinate more rapidly.
- Vermiculite mixed half and half with soil, peat or compost eliminates packed down soil in flowering pots and houseplant containers allowing excellent aeration, reducing watering frequency and allowing root spread.
- Place bulbs or root crops in a container and pour the vermiculite around them. The sponge like quality of the vermiculite will absorb any excess moisture and prevent rot or mildew while protecting them from temperature fluxes.
- Vermiculite is non toxic, odorless and sterile.
- It will not mold or rot.