Perlite is a hard, highly porous material made by super-heating volcanic glass.
Adding perlite into your gardening soil increases water and nutrient retention and aerates the soil, resulting in healthier, more robust plants.
Benefits for using Perlite:
- Add perlite to soil for conditioning and lightening either alone or in conjunction with peat or compost.
- This will accelerate the growth and promote anchorage for tender young root systems.
- You can use perlite directly for root cuttings, just water thoroughly and insert the cutting up to the node.
- Use perlite alone or mixed with soil or peat for seed germination, it will allow the seeds to germinate more rapidly.
- Perlite mixed half and half with soil, peat or compost eliminates packed down soil in flowering pots and houseplant containers allowing excellent aeration, reducing watering frequency and allowing root spread.
- Place bulbs or root crops in a container and pour the perlite around them.
- The sponge like quality of the perlite will absorb any excess moisture and prevent rot or mildew while protecting them from temperature fluxes.
- Perlite is non toxic, odorless and sterile.
- It will not mold or rot.
- 5dm bag